Shenandoah Valley (March 25, 2019) — If you’re planning a spring visit to Shenandoah, one of America’s most beloved national parks, we are pleased to announce that facilities in Shenandoah National Park are beginning to open this month and will continue to open throughout the spring.
- The Harry F. Byrd Visitor Center, located at mile 51 Skyline Drive, is now operating seven days a week.
- The Dickey Ridge Visitor Center, located at mile 4.6 Skyline Drive, will open seven days a week beginning on April 6.
Lodges & Dining & Support Facilities
- Skyland Resort opened on March 22.
- Big Meadows Lodge will open May 9.
- Other concessioner-operated facilities as follows. Lewis Mountain Cabins and camp store opened on March 16; Big Meadows Wayside will open March 29; Loft Mountain Wayside will open March 29; Elkwallow Wayside will open March 30; Skyland Stables will open April 6; and Loft Mountain camp store and facilities will open on May 2.
- Big Meadows Campground will open March 30
- Lewis Mountain Campground will open March 30
- Loft Mountain, Mathews Arm and Dundo Group campgrounds will open May 2.
- Elkwallow, Pinnacles, South River, and Dundo Picnic Grounds are currently open.
- The remaining picnic grounds will operate as follows: Big Meadows will open March 30; Lewis Mountain will open March 30; and Dickey Ridge Picnic Grounds will open April 6.
ALERT: Despite the warmer weather, wind storm debris remains problematic on Skyline Drive. As of March 27, the southern district of Skyline Drive is currently closed for tree clean up activity. Be sure to call (540) 999-3500 (select option 1, then option 1) for the most up-to-date status.