Join SVTA–Membership Benefits
SVTA Activities and Membership Benefits:
Shenandoah Valley Travel Guide
- The most comprehensive guide in the Valley for listings of attractions, lodging options, restaurants, shopping and travel-related services.
- 150,000 minimum printed and distribution includes:
- Virginia Welcome Centers
- Local & regional visitor centers throughout the State
- Rest areas on I-81, I-95, I-64, and I-66
- Inside Shenandoah National Park at Delaware North restaurants and lodges (our guide is the most often selected non-NPS material provided in the Park to visitors)
- Member businesses
- Select AAA offices
- Numerous out-of-state consumer travel shows
- Administers the official Shenandoah Valley website where each SVTA member has their own landing page, up to 6 images, description, contact information, business locator on interactive map, and link back to their own website. Over 125,000 unique visitors and 400,000 page views annually. Additional online banner ad opportunities available.
- Administers the National Byways grant through www.visitskylinedrive.org promoting connectivity and driving visitation to Shenandoah National Park and Shenandoah Valley partners. This grant provides resources for public relations media outreach and digital marketing resulting in increased visitation to SVTA’s visitshenandoah.org website.
Media / Public Relations
- Generates media engagement, media support, and news releases. Work with professional public relations agency to offer media opportunities with area partners and Virginia Tourism Corporation Media Department.
Media Familiarization Tours
- Organize and conduct media FAMS, both group structured and individual request. Develop themed itineraries highlighting major events, festivals, outdoor recreation, historical sites, culinary and wine. 2015 structured FAM will be themed around NPS 100th Anniversary and historic sites.
Brochure Fulfillment Program
- Manages a cooperative Brochure Fulfillment Program where SVTA members can have their rack card or directory inserted into every bulk fulfillment mailing of the Shenandoah Valley Travel Guide. Mailings average more than 500 pieces per month and include leads from a variety of sources, including the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Coordinates advertising and marketing cooperatives by contracting for advertising space in publications and offering special “buy down” placements to members at affordable rates.
- Conducts Membership and Board of Director Meetings throughout the Valley with expert tourism-related discussions and presentations. Business to business marketing and support plus educational opportunities available.
- All SVTA members also receive an annual Membership Card valid for complimentary admission to various Valley attractions, museums, etc. The card has a retail value of more than $750.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Includes the Virginia and West Virginia tourism offices, Blue Ridge Parkway Association, Virginia Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus, Virginia Restaurant, Lodging and Travel Association; Virginia Civil War Trails, Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation.
Please consider joining our ever-growing family of organizations dedicated to working together to promote Shenandoah Valley visitation and to increase economic growth. To apply online, click here. If you have any questions regarding membership, or if you would like to receive more information, please call 800-847-4878, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to discuss membership with you in more detail, or schedule a personal meeting to review the benefits of SVTA.
Things to Do
in the Shenandoah Valley
Where to Stay
in the Shenandoah Valley