One of the Shenandoah Valley’s most popular festivals and Virginia’s longest running music festival is the Shenandoah Valley Music Festival. Held outdoors at the pavilion at Shrine Mont in Orkney Springs, Virginia, the festival dates to 1963, a time when the musical line-up was symphony-only in nature. It wasn’t until the 1980s when the playbill expanded to include Big Band. As time went on, the genres piled on and now include country, folk, bluegrass, pop, rock, roots, and more.
2021 Concert Schedule
The Shenandoah Valley Music Festival began July 23 and concludes September 5, 2021. Tickets can be acquired at MusicFest.org, and discounts are available for orders of six or more tickets. Day-of tickets are also available with an increase of $4 per ticket. Children’s tickets are a flat $10 for ages 3 to 17.
- July 23, 8 p.m.: The Four Tops with Meisha Herron
- July 24, 8 p.m.: Classic Albums Live performs Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours
- July 30, 8 p.m.: Aoife O’Donovan with Carsie Blanton
- July 31, 8 p.m.: KANSAS
- August 13, 8 p.m.: Phil Vassar
- August 14, 7 p.m.: Black Violin
- September 3, 7 p.m.: Madeleine Peyroux
- September 4, 7 p.m.: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Daniel Donato
- September 5, 7 p.m.: Hot Strings & Cool Breezes Minifest featuring Steep Canyon Rangers, The Gibson Brothers, and Chatham Rabbits
Dining & Lodging
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, there will be no food vendors during the 2021 SVMF season. Rather, the festival organizers have recommended nearby eateries in the Basye-Orkney Springs community. BYO picnics are also welcome.
The dining room at Shrine Mont offers a different menu daily and is open before the concert begins. Reservations are required and available by calling (540) 856-2141. Book your overnight stay on festival grounds, with meals included! Rates start at $80 per person per night with children 4 to 12 at $35 per night.
Basye Brew Hollow specializes in gourmet pizzas and burgers that pair well with their diverse menu of beer and wine. Take-out available by calling (540) 856-3310.
RHouse Restaurant will operate for take-out or you can make a reservation to dine in. Perhaps their charcuterie platter would be a great addition to your picnic basket? Text your take-out order to (540) 300-1644.
Bryce Resort is nearby and their Copper Kettle restaurant is open for your dining pleasure. Call 800-821-1444 for more information. Book your overnight stay at a Bryce vacation rental. There are many options available.
- Bryce Resort
- Cave Ridge Vineyard
- The Winery at Kindred Point
- Swover Creek Farms
- Wolf Gap Vineyard and Winery
- Paugh’s Orchard
- Route 11 Potato Chips
- Shenandoah Caverns
- Showalter’s Orchard & Greenhouse
Photo courtesy Shenandoah Valley Music Festival.