I-81 Exit 264 to US 211 East
Riverfront & mountain lodging.
Fully equipped year-round cabins with:
- 2 to 6 Bedrooms
- Hot Tubs
Lodge (sleeps 1-20) Offers:
- 3 Fireplaces
- 6 Person Jacuzzi
- On 15 Acres
Ideal for romantic getaways, vacations, weddings, retreats, reunions.
Captain’s Lodge on the Rapids (sleeps up to 24) Offers:
- 7 Bedrooms with 8 Beds
- 3 Living Rooms with 3 More Beds
- Full Kitchen with Appliances & Housewares
- 2 Refrigerators (Kitchen, Smaller in Game Room)
- 3 Fireplaces (Gas in Living Room #1, Wood Burning in Living Rooms #2 & #3)
- Land-Line Phone in Kitchen with Free Domestic USA Calling
- DSL Wi-Fi/Dish Satellite TV
- On 15 Wooded Acres
- 800 Feet of Private Riverfront
- Dining area is adjacent to kitchen and great room (Living room # 1). 3 dining tables allow up to 22+ to have dinner in view of each other – great for rehearsal dinners/special events/training.
- 3 decks at Captain’s Lodge all offer great views, but walking onto the deck from the great room is most exhilarating.
Improvements made in last few years:
- Central air/heating system that keeps house cozy all year.
- Renovated Master bedroom bath with 18 inch tile/glass shower and custom-made wood paneling made from our own saw mill.
- Second bathroom upstairs renovation.
- Entire downstairs four bedroom, living room renovation.
The Great Room (Living Room #1) Offers:
- Incredible views of the Shenandoah River rapids and the Lodge’s sycamore trees and grass riverfront field (several weddings and special events venues as well as picnic and game playing area).
- 60-inch flat screen smart TV/DVD player.
- Two couches and several sofa chairs.
The Game Room Offers:
- 50 inch flat screen smart TV/DVD player with circular couch seating.
- Game table for cards.
- Ping pong table.
- Pool table (re-felted in 2015).
- Jacuzzi tub with sliding glass doors to riverside patio.
- Access to outdoor fire pit with semi-circle seating and charcoal cooking.
- Total privacy with no neighbors anywhere in sight on the entire 15 acre property.
- The property joins the George Washington National Forest at the front and is 1/2 mile from Habron Gap Trail’s great hike to the top of Massanutten Mountain. From the peaks, enjoy a 360 degree view of Fort Valley to the west and Shenandoah Valley, Shenandoah River and Blue Ridge Mountains to the east.
Captain’s Lodge is a great location for Wedding Venue/honeymoons/Special Events/ Conferences/Retreats:
- The river field or the front of the Lodge (in case of rain) easily fit groups up to 125 people. We host weddings with attendance up to 125 people.
- Great photo opportunities include South Fork of the Shenandoah River, Blue Ridge Mountains, and the Shenandoah Valley!
We offer additional nearby guest lodging within a mile at Country Place, Inc. . . . lodging and camping on Shenandoah River.
2 bedroom Blue Ridge Sunrise and 3 bedroom Misty River Retreat.
Rental of entire Base Camp and/or River Camp
Sanctuary Tree House
References for caterers, photographers, florists, restaurants, area churches and more.